NASA astronaut Scott Kelly writes in his book Endurance:
“I’ve learned that following the news from space can make Earth seem like a swirl of chaos and conflict, and that seeing the environmental degradation caused by humans is heartbreaking. I’ve also learned that our planet is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen and that we’re lucky to have it.”
Reading this, there are several points of reflection I would like to share with you all:
- What are the things that you love most about our planet?
- Which landscapes, scenery or wonders of the world take your breath away?
- How often do you stop to appreciate the nature around you?
- Which things do we as humans take for granted on planet Earth?
- What steps can we take today to preserve the beauty of our planet for future generations to come?
As you go about your day today, take time to really appreciate the beauty of your surroundings and all the gifts that Mother Earth provides us with.
Let us all remember to send thoughts of love and harmony to our wonderful planet and to the many life-forms who call this planet home.